Sorry, it has taken me a couple of weeks to post this but it’s been a very busy month. I have enjoyed doing little mini-challenges vs a big full-year project. Here is what I’m working on this month:
1. Workout Schedule: Find a fitness routine that works for my lifestyle which can be tricky. I don’t have a typical routine from week to week as far as my schedule goals so finding the right plan for me can be a challenge.
2. Update Wardrobe: I need new clothes that I feel good in and that reflects my personality and lifestyle.
3. Read 4 Books by Black Authors: Since it is Black History Month I wanted to work on my reading challenge for the year by focusing on books by Black writers.
4. Create a Budget for the Year: I wanted to create a budget and savings goals for this year.
5. Self Care Routine: I wanted to find a way to give myself a little more love and care and make that part of each week.
I’ll be sharing more specifics on these goals in future posts.
Last year I did a 365 project around cooking. It was fun, but I wanted to do something different this year. I wanted to focus on a number of things I want to achieve but do it in baby steps. These aren’t really goals they’re challenges. I plan on tackling five challenges each month. Sometimes I may repeat challenges if I don’t feel I did the challenge justice. Sometimes I may do something related to a previous month’s challenge even if I want to push myself further. I may do challenges that are unrelated to other ones. We’ll see. I have ideas, but I’m allowing myself to be flexible. I’ll go into these specific challenges in more depth in other posts this month but they are:
1. Duolingo: Practice my French every day this month.
2. Read 4 Books: I have a challenge to read 50 books by the end of the year so I want to get into a good rhythm.
3. Eat Whole Food: The holidays are horrible for me. It’s sugar central! I want to get back to basics and detox in a healthy way.
4. Write Every Day: I used to write every day whether it was a blog post, working on an essay to submit for publications, or just journal/brainstorm. I want to get back to that place.
5. Plan for 2018: I want to plan out what I want to work on and towards this year.