Sorry, it has taken me a couple of weeks to post this but it’s been a very busy month. I have enjoyed doing little mini-challenges vs a big full-year project. Here is what I’m working on this month:
1. Workout Schedule: Find a fitness routine that works for my lifestyle which can be tricky. I don’t have a typical routine from week to week as far as my schedule goals so finding the right plan for me can be a challenge.
2. Update Wardrobe: I need new clothes that I feel good in and that reflects my personality and lifestyle.
3. Read 4 Books by Black Authors: Since it is Black History Month I wanted to work on my reading challenge for the year by focusing on books by Black writers.
4. Create a Budget for the Year: I wanted to create a budget and savings goals for this year.
5. Self Care Routine: I wanted to find a way to give myself a little more love and care and make that part of each week.
I’ll be sharing more specifics on these goals in future posts.
If you follow my Instagram you probably know that I love my Passion Planner. I started using one last year and it has helped me stay more organized in my life. I do use the calendar section for all my appointments both professional and personal, but I use the blank pages the focus on my life outside of work, mostly because I use an online task management program for my projects at the office. I love tracking my home life offline though.
One thing I’ve started is a “Today” section. Before I go to bed I go through the day, check off what I’ve accomplished, and write out my desks for tomorrow. I’ve kept it simple. I focus on my meals, a to-do list, workouts, and writing. I have a few rules to keep it manageable and productive.
- I don’t assign myself more than three tasks in any section and sometimes I only assign one or two. This helps me from overwhelming myself like I tend to do when I’m overly ambitious.
- If I don’t complete something I don’t sweat it. I save it for the next day.
- I make sure to include something I really want to do and treat it with the same level of priority as something I “have” to do. Trust me I’m a lot more motivated to do laundry if I know that working on an article is something that is just as important.
I’ll be sharing more of my bullet journal hacks throughout the year.