Sorry, it has taken me a couple of weeks to post this but it’s been a very busy month. I have enjoyed doing little mini-challenges vs a big full-year project. Here is what I’m working on this month:
1. Workout Schedule: Find a fitness routine that works for my lifestyle which can be tricky. I don’t have a typical routine from week to week as far as my schedule goals so finding the right plan for me can be a challenge.
2. Update Wardrobe: I need new clothes that I feel good in and that reflects my personality and lifestyle.
3. Read 4 Books by Black Authors: Since it is Black History Month I wanted to work on my reading challenge for the year by focusing on books by Black writers.
4. Create a Budget for the Year: I wanted to create a budget and savings goals for this year.
5. Self Care Routine: I wanted to find a way to give myself a little more love and care and make that part of each week.
I’ll be sharing more specifics on these goals in future posts.
In January we tend to start the year of with lofty resolutions that if you’re like me and most people you tend to abandon by February. This year I’m saying adios to resolutions and instead focusing on habits that I want to improve on this and every year. So here are my goals for 2017:
Be healthier: I think the most common resolution around the new year revolves around weight loss and health. I don’t want to focus on a number on the scale, how many gym visits I fit into a week, or how much I can bench press. Instead, I think better goals are to be active and know when my body needs a rest day, eat good and nutritious food that I enjoy, and most importantly feel good about my body and how I look. To get to that place it’s not about being “perfect” it’s about being hydrated, wearing clothes that make me feel great, and getting the proper amount of sleep.
Cook more: I’m a foodie and I love going to restaurants and trying new dishes and cuisines. Even more satisfying is expanding my own repertoire in the kitchen. I have a lofty goal of making 365 new (to me) dishes this year. I’ve made six so far so we’ll see how this goes.
Save more and spend smarter: The past few years I’ve had some things come up where I’ve had to dip into savings. I want to have a cushier net and I want to be more mindful about spending.
Be better organized: I keep busy with lots of different things in my life and when everything is full steam I get a bit scattered. I also can loose site of the big picture and that’s when things get out of balance. I am trying a Passion Planner this year to keep everything in one place and to make sure I’m spending my time well.
Write more: I don’t just mean blogging, I used to do more freelance writing and last year felt very blocked. I want to work on more pieces that mean something to me and send them out into the world.
Those are my larger focuses for the year which are playing out in some smaller projects, but more on that in the future. What are you concentrating on this year?